Stumpwork is a form of raised embroidery which had it’s heyday during the late 15th and 16th Century, when it also became one of the first forms of embroidery to be sold to the public in kit form. It’s a fun form of embroidery because it’s basically ‘no hold barred’, and can incorporate and encompass so many other forms of embroidery.
This project book combines a range of different stumpwork techniques which can be used to create three flower designs; Poppy, Daisy and Sunflower
Once mastered, the techniques can be used to create a whole flowerbed of creations, which can be used for many decorative purposes in the home, as wearable art and to decorate the home or venue for any special event.
- The book contains a full materials and equipment list for each project
- Clear, illustrated step by step instructions, means a high quality finish for each flower and technique
- Clear step by step illustrated guides for the stitches used. These are set out for both Right and Left handed stitchers, which is a key feature of all Dizzy & Creative projects
- The designs can be a little fiddly, but essentially simple and incredibly effective, and won’t necessarily take too long to complete, so you don’t commit to a huge project before you see some lovely results.
- Once basic techniques are mastered, the book contains all the full size templates and designs to create your own unique pieces
- The book is great to use across the generations, as the fun designs have a broad appeal to all age groups and look great in all sorts of home settings. They’re lovely to use to work alongside children and grandchildren, as well as completing them over coffee and cake with a group of friends.